From North America, to Asia, most of the developed world is covered by ATA carnets, please read on for a full breakdown:
A-Z Listing Of ATA Carnet Countries
Europe – From 1st January 2021, we are no longer part of the single market and ATA carnets are the accepted route for temporary export to EU countries.
Although they are listed below, a detailed section is available covering:
Further Insight – Countries in red text below are provided with separate information pages, just click on the country.
- Albania – Algeria – Andorra – Australia – Austria
- Bahrain – Belarus** – Belgium – Bosnia & Herzegovina – Botswana – Bulgaria
- Canada – Canary Islands – Chile – China – Cote D’Ivoire – Croatia – Cyprus – Czech Republic
- Estonia – European Union
- Finland – France
- Germany – Gibraltar – Greece
- Hong Kong – Hungary
- Iceland – India – Indonesia – Iran – Ireland – Israel – Italy
- Korea – Kazakhstan
- Latvia – Lebanon – Lithuania – Luxembourg
- Macao – Macedonia – Madagascar – Malaysia – Malta – Mauritius – Mexico – Moldova – Mongolia – Montenegro – Morocco
- Netherlands – New Zealand – Norway
- Pakistan – Poland – Portugal
- Romania – Russia**
- Senegal – Serbia – Singapore – Slovakia – Slovenia – South Africa – Spain – Sri Lanka – Sweden – Switzerland
- Taiwan – Thailand – Tunisia – Turkey
- Ukraine** – United Arab Emirates – United Kingdom – United States of America
**Please Note – Carnet issuance to Belarus, Russia and Ukraine is currently suspended.
We try to provide an accurate list of the main ATA Carnet countries. Still worth bearing in mind that a few further locations can have a connection to the scheme.
A number of French, Spanish and US dependencies range from usable transit points, to partial, or more complete members. There are even circumstances where you could use an ATA carnet for travel to Antarctica.
Rather than include the above in our countries list, we ask that you give our support team a call to check on the current position. They can offer clarity on ATA Carnet usage at a wide range of secondary destinations.